1 lb. raw shrimp
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut flour
Zest of 3 limes
1.5 Tablespoons chilli powder
1 egg, beaten
- Clean, shell and devein the shrimp (if needed).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, lime zest and chilli powder.
- Dip the shrimp in the beaten egg.
- Coat the shrimp well on all sides with the coconut mixture.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt some coconut oil until very hot (but not smoking).
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side without overcrowding the pan. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of sea salt and eat while hot.
- Squeeze lime juice over the top for more lime flavour.
Thank you to stupideasypaleo.com!