Paleo lovers rejoice!! A delicious brownie recipe that is chocolatey and moist and better yet contains absolutely no flour of any kind. Adjusting to the paleo diet can be difficult when it comes to baking as coconut flour can be gritty and almond flour can be dry and flaky.
This version eliminates flour altogether which means there are less carbs and more of everything tasty!
- 1 cup of almond butter. Preferably raw and unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cup of grated Zucchini
- 1/3 cup of natural sweetener (unpasteurized honey, pure maple syrup, stevia)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
Alternatives: Add some nuts for crunch or raisins for the chew.
Sprinkle unsweetened flaked coconut on top.
Want straight up Brownies? Skip the cinnamon and nutmeg
Melt 85% dark chocolate and spread on top of brownies once cooled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour into a greased baking pan or into lined muffin tins (use coconut oil for greaser…delicious)
- Bake for 35-45 mins till fork comes out clean
Enjoy and remember to share!
Thank you to one of our patients for directing us to the Delighted Momma for the inspiration behind this recipe. Some changes have been made but we like to give credit where credit is due!